It would appear that the spirit of Barney Fife is alive, well and working for the Bradenton Beach Police Department….
About two years ago Sheena Morris was found hanging in a Bradenton Beach Motel shower, Bradenton Police quickly determined that it was a suicide. It was, if you listen to the Bradenton Beach Police, a simple case, and that is all there is to it.
Some time later, down in Miami Michael Berkland, a forensic pathologist with over 6,000 cases to his credit, is shown pictures of the crime scene, and determines that it was a staged scene. He disputes the procedures of the investigators, and the Manatee Country Coroners office changes the cause of death from suicide to undetermined.
When asked about these discrepancies Bradenton Beach Police Chief Speciale says that all of these 36 points, brought up by the experts, were just points of OPINION, and that they were not there.
Detective Diaz, who was brought over from another department due to the lack of experienced investigators at the BBPD, had not worked a solo murder investigation before, and his sole experience was with the Palmetto PD.
There might be a change, depending on a review by the Florida Department of Criminal Law Enforcement (FDLE) but, that review is to only consist of a presentation, by the BBPD, of gathered information, and unlikely to include anything that might contradict previous finding.
The question is : Who’s opinion would you go with, Barney Fife or someone with over 6,000 cases to their credit?
Lets try to get JUSTICE for Sheena Morris…
- FDLE panel discusses Tampa woman’s 2009 death (tbo.com)
- FDLE to review Sheena Morris’ death (abcactionnews.com)
- FDLE to revisit ’09 death ruled suicide (tbo.com)
- What happened to Sheena Morris? (miamiherald.com)
- March for Sheena Morris (abcactionnews.com)
- Was Sheena murdered? Florida special investigators to review Sheena Morris Suicide (privateinvesigations.blogspot.com)
- Florida Investigators to Review ‘Unusual’ Suicide (foxnews.com)
- Incredible Way Serial Killer Was Caught (aol.com)