I am not a legal scholar, nor am I about to become one, so maybe I can be excused for not really understanding the newest Supreme Court decision.
It seems like on the Justices just said that the Government can not mandate your joining the health care system but they can extract a penalty from you, they call it a “TAX”, for not joining….
This is interesting.. Now I am going to go off on an idea.. Part of the idea of why the Feds wanted to force everyone into the health care industry the premise that if someone, with out health care insurance, or poor, got sick then the people with healthcare insurance would have to pay for them…. therefore they were really in the healthcare system whether or not they had the insurance, and the are now just being punished for not joining in the first place…
Now, how about this idea.. You don’t have a car, so you don’t get auto insurance. If you are injured someones insurance will have to pay for your injuries, so maybe the next step would be to penalize you, er tax you, for not having auto insurance?
President Obama said this was not a tax but, the Supreme Court said that was the only way they could justify the law was through the use of a tax. It must be nice to have a job for life, where you get to make it up as you go along, all the while knowing that you can’t be fire just because you are a bozo….
Thank you very much Justice Roberts. What is next? A tax on not joining a health club?
- The Media’s Obamacare Train Wreck (thedailybeast.com)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Upholds ObamaCare’s Individual Mandate as a Tax (reason.com)
- OBAMA CARE APPROVED – IRS to Force Americans to Buy Health Insurance (worldordernews.com)
- Can Liberals Only Conceive of the Supreme Court in Partisan Terms? (reason.com)
- A Sampling Of Obamacare Ruling Fallout (personalliberty.com)