“I’ve struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God,” Mr. Mourdock said. “And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” So says Richard Mourdock, a Republican Senate candidate from Indiana. What is he really saying? Is he saying that Jehovah intended the rape, or that Jehovah used the rape as an excuse to make the woman pregnant? The phrase “they walk among us” comes to mind.
Then there is Todd Akin‘s remarks that “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
I can see where Republicans would be against abortion but, I can’t see where they would be coming up with blatantly stupid comments such as this. So I ask, again, “what is with these people”.
I understand that our politicians seem to have an aversion to the truth but, can’t they at least think about what they are saying BEFORE they say it? I can’t even imagine what it is like to have ben raped, and don’t want to know, and I CAN NOT conceive of a God who would INTEND someone to experience that, or who would leave her a pregnancy that would forever remind her of that experience.
If the voters elect either of these two morons I would have to say “you deserve the kind of government that YOU elect”.
Personally, if I one of these bozos was the only choice my party put of for an election I would have to vote for somebody, anybody, else. I would love to be able to, in good conscience, vote my party but, there are limitations on STUPIDITY that should not be exceeded, and these guys have gone way past that..
That Joe Guy.
- Dear Richard Mourdock, God Did Not Intend For My Rape To Happen (mommyish.com)
- Ind. GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock: Pregnancy from rape can be ‘something that God intended to happen’ – @washingtonpost (washingtonpost.com)
- Richard Mourdock, God, and Rape (newyorker.com)
- Paul Brandeis Raushenbush: No Mr. Mourdock, God Didn’t Intend That (huffingtonpost.com)
- GOP Senate Candidate Richard Mourdock Thinks Rape is, ‘Something God Intended’ (jezebel.com)
- Richard Mourdock under fire for rape remarks (politico.com)
- Richard Mourdock rape remarks prompt calls for Romney to act (guardian.co.uk)
- Romney distances himself from Republican’s remarks on rape (blogs.mcclatchydc.com)
- Pregnancies from rape God’s will? (abc15.com)
- Republican Senate hopeful Richard Mourdock in rape row – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)