Figuring which Republican would be the best President is rather hard. In this day and age it seems to be expected that they will lie. You might have the political ad that “mostly” tells the truth, with the main thrust of which is said to be a falsehood. The there are the ads put out by these groups who hide behind Action committees which are totally false.
The paper today tells about how it is estimated that Newt Gingrich will win Florida with the support of the Evangelicals and their support of Family Values…. So what are Family Values?
The first thing I would think of would be marriage, and raising a family. That would be a man and a woman raising their family according to their values. Parents teaching their offspring about RIGHT and WRONG. Like why it is WRONG to lie, steal, or hurt other people. These are not just Family Values but, they are the kind of values that are needed to keep a society on the path to growth. At one time Marriage was seen to be an institution that was for life, and divorce was frowned upon, and was seen as a liability to public office as the divorced politician considered to be someone who could not keep his family together. Somewhere along the path to where we are divorce has gotten to be accepted, and a divorced politician is just looked upon as another person who failed at love. Marriage, and the marriage oath, have lost some of the meaning they once had.
I look at New Gingrich, who is appealing to the Religious Conservative, and wonder what this all says about him. He is in his THIRD marriage, the first two of which he cheated on with women he subsequently married. So he had TWO wedding where he lied to God. Is that something that we would want to teach our children?
Sure he says he as repented, and will be forgiven by God, or Jehovah, but, in the meantime, and thing about this, if he has lied to Jehovah twice what makes us believe he is NOT lying to US now.
For those of you who do NOT believe marriage is sacred he might be a great candidate for President, though you might not be able to tell when he is telling the truth but, for the rest, these little slips might just indicate that he is a poor example of Integrity.
For the chief executive of our country I would expect a certain amount of Integrity, and I don’t think we will find it in New Gingrich.
That Joe Guy.
- Newtered (johnwsmart.wordpress.com)
- One of Newt’s Ex-Wives Says He Wanted An ‘Open Marriage’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Newt Was Appalled (donhall.blogspot.com)
- Newt Gingrich Defecated on Traditional Marriage (oblogdeeoblogda.wordpress.com)
- Newt Gingrich’s Second Wife: Newt Wanted an Open Marriage With Me and His Mistress Callista (shoppingblog.com)
- Newt’s “Dirty Secret” (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Religious right unifies behind Santorum to beat Romney (americablog.com)
- Fox’s Dr. Ablow: Newt’s Three Marriages Will Make Him the Most Virile President Ever (littlegreenfootballs.com)